I have been slowly getting settled into the house. Normal people get the keys to a house that they have never lived in and move their stuff in an figure out where things will go. Our situation was different because I moved myself into Rob's house with all his belongings and we had to figure out how to make it all work. So it has taken a bit longer or it feels a little bit wierder. I am afraid to change things that him and the kids have had in place before I came along. I don't want them to feel like I came in and changed everything. And he is doing the complete opposite because I know he is so thankful for everything I have done to keep them in this house. He wants to change everything....for me. I am trying to find a balance. The toughest thing for me is that I am a "everything has a place and everything in it's place" type of person and he is "I have no idea where that is" type of person. And still we have so much patience with each other.
And speaking of patience. Rob is a saint. The level of patience that he has with the kids, with me, with my kids and with the grandkids is unreal. One of the things that made me fall in love with Rob is his love for his kids. I have watched that love expand into my kids and my grandkids. It is not his kids and my kids...it's our kids. What he does for one, he does for all the kids.
I have exciting news! I got my citizenship tattoo. It was a bit odd because I called my tattoo artist and asked her to design something for me. I showed up and wasn't sure what she had for me. I LOVE it ! She truly is the best. The detail on the tattoo is incredible. I have enjoyed showing everyone my newest tattoo and the story behind it.
Guess what? AJ took his first steps...at our house. He is such a nut. He has so much energy and I am trying to figure out how to bond with him. Mason would come to me from day one. He loved spending time with Grandma but AJ is different. He takesn some convincing and if mom or dad is around, nobody else exists. Nonetheless, he took his first steps in the living room on our rug. It was such a great thing to witness. I had such a proud moment that it happened at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment