Friday, February 4, 2022

I Made An Offer

Things just feel like home with Rob so when circumstances were forcing him to sell his house that had been in his family, we started talking about our future, what we wanted and where we are headed. There was a snowstorm and we were snowed in together all weekend. We did a lot of talking. He was worried about where he and the kids would go and I didn't even have to think about it, they would always have a place with me. He seemed to be surprised that I was as serious about him as he was about me. It was the first time I think that we really understood where we stood with each other. My initial thought was for them to move in with me. I thought of several ways that we could make it work. Rob was skeptical that we could make it last very long with four kids in my apartment so he suggested it be more of temporary situation and then we start looking for a house. That would involve them moving in with me and then us all moving to another house once we found one. When we started thinking about the house that we would want and need, it became clear that the house he had to sell was the perfect house for our family. Great he said but I have to sell the house. My reaction without much thought was you may have to sell it but it doesn't mean that I can't buy it. "But can you buy it?" he asked. There is only one way to find out.....and so it began. 

I got preapproved. I was introduced to a mortgage guy from Dan at work. The mortgage guy, Eric, walked me through things. I was blatantly honest with him about my situation and why I needed to buy this house. I talked to the listing agent and then Eric talked to the listing agent. I put in a verbal offer and then yesterday I put in an official written offer on the house and this morning I dropped off my deposit for it. I made an offer on what will be my home with Rob. This will be where we watch our family grow. This will be where we build a life...and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dumb Home & Slowing down

Enough already with the smart house. You know that I want? I want a dumb home. I want reading nooks and millworks and thoughtful collections...